"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Documented Life - Week 30

July Theme - Ephemera
July 25 - Week 30
Art Challenge - Real Life
Journal Prompt - At This Moment




This week was the last week of the July theme ephemera.  The challenges were "real life" and "at this moment."  On Monday at The Little Blue House we had the product release of all the new Illustrated Faith/Bella Blvd. products. Of course, I bought lots of these to use in my Bible journaling, so I thought it was appropriate to use some of the packaging as my ephemera this week. And, because I am currently enjoying creating in my Bible, I thought that theme would work for the journal prompt.



This is how my page spread started out. I cut off parts of the washi tape packages as well as the information that was printed on the back of the package for the "messy mat." I glued these to the left side and then filled in with some VERY old floral stickers. It was fun to use those up!

Then I applied a light coat of gesso and some pink and yellow Distress Paints. It was too pastel at that point, so I sprayed Picked Raspberry and Spiced Marmalade Distress Spray Stains in places. I did not want to totally cover the page.

I stenciled the leaves with white paint and painted the scallops on the right side for the days of the week.

I printed out one of the freebie Illustrated Faith printable and added some of the new washi tapes in several places. I outlined areas with a china marker, added my "title" and am calling it done. Not my favorite page but I stuck to the challenge and I'm ready for the next week!

No comments: