"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, July 24, 2019

Art Journal pages

I am trying to get back to art journaling, in between all our weekend summer trips.

This first page was done in May but I forgot to post. The background was mostly done in stages, with extra paints, stamps and texture paste from other projects. The stamped quote (which isn't very visible in this photo) says "experience is not what happens to you, it' what you do with what happens to you." Because of the very textured background, I stamped it on tissue paper and then adhered it. The tissue paper almost disappears!




This is a very simple page, also done on a background of extra paint and stencils. I had a cute Mary Engelbreit image I'd cut out of a magazine some time ago and added it to the page. The words are also from a magazine. I have a little container to store words and phrases I cut from ads and magazines to keep for art journaling titles and quotes.




I finished this page today.  The tip-in is a paint swatch card - I loved the door and left it as is, only adding the word "explore." Again, the background had already been started. I added some white lines stamped with paint and corrugated cardboard and some script in black ink.





When the card flips open, it reveals a focal point on the page found on the internet. I doodled in white pen. The back of the card is covered in a piece of junk mail that I had used for wiping off paint and stencils. I also tore the same paper into strips and added to the page background. The focal point on the card is bits and pieces of body parts from magazines. The hat is actually a pendant lamp.



I think I'm finally getting back into my groove, but I'm about to leave again on Thursday to visit my mother in Vermont. I'll probably be gone 1-2 weeks. She has super slow internet so I won't be posting during that time.



2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Love them all equally! You've done a magnificent job, Susan.

xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Looks good ... love seeing all of your work ... the textures on that first page are super