"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, August 13, 2021

August Swaps/Challenges

The theme for August's Altered Trading Coin Swap was "On the Pond." I used some alcohol ink backgrounds for the base of the coins, then stamped some leafy sprigs in brown ink. I added dots of   pink and white Posca pen for tiny flowers and added a dragonfly which I had stamped and gold-embossed on vellum.  Gold pen edges the circle.





Another swap this month was to create a "doll tag" using this YouTube video as inspiration. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ4HKSHSjjE&feature=share


I created this tag using an index card as a base.. The background is Distress crayons and stencils with acrylic paint. The face is a Dina Wakely stamp. I added the butterfly to "ground" the head a bit. This was a fun and quick little project.




Last week's online challenge was to alter a library card. I used a blank one I had in my stash and added bits of book text, striped tissue paper and drywall tape for the background. The focal point is a vintage image of a little boy (so cute) with embellishments of a postage stamp and a few stamped labels. The tab was punched from some scrap paper.




No comments: