"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Documented Life Planner - Week 27

July Theme - Ephemera
July 4 - Week 27
Art Challenge: Using Old Maps, Letters, Tickets and More
Journal Prompt: Life...with a History




This week started the second half of the year and the month of July will be devoted to ephemera.

I CASEd the journal page of Lorraine Bell, one of the Art to the 5th originators. She did a timeline of her life using ephemera and old Crafty Secrets images. I loved her page and, since I had been hoarding saving the very same Crafty Secrets images, I decided to create a page similar to hers.

First I collaged old handwriting pages, a few receipts, a scrap of textured wallpaper, and a few pieces of an old map to the background. That took care of the art challenge! I covered this with a thin layer of off-white paint and then a very little pink paint.

Then I arranged cut up images, copies of a few photos of my very young self, and bits and pieces to document my story. I used rectangles cut from old wallpaper for the planner section.  It was fun to reflect on what has happened in my life so far and feature some of the important events.

No comments: