"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, November 9, 2015

Documented Life Project - Week 43

Week 43 - Oct. 24
October Theme - Translucent Papers
Art Challenge: Glassine
Journal Prompt: Windows of my Mind


This is my spread for Week 43. I actually finished it over a week ago but never had time to post. (Busy creating projects for our Christmas Open House tomorrow!)

I started the background with collaged music paper and scraped paints over. Then I randomly made lots of marks with stencils, paints and spray mists. The circles are punched from copies of old backgrounds and I painted white blocks for the days of the week journaling.

No, I cannot draw but I had recently purchased this wonderful face stamp from Stampendous. I stamped her on the page and then used paints and colored pencils to color her. I extended her hair.  The feathers is a stamp that came with the face which I stamped twice on a piece of glassine envelope, colored with pencils and cut out. I then added Stickles over which made the glassine curl but it gives some dimension to the page.  I splattered alcohol inks on another piece of glassine and cut it into a circle to fit into the sketchy circle die cut to kinda represent inside my mind.  I have always loved the quote "Sometimes there was a storm inside her brain" and never had an occasion to use it but thought it fit the "window of my mind" for this page.

Here are a few closeups.





No comments: