"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, May 6, 2021

Weekly Challenge - Christmas Cards with no red

My online art group has been having weekly challenges and this week's is to create five Christmas cards using no red. This was harder than I expected - Christmas papers almost always have some red in them and red is just a great pop to add interest to anything.

I found a box of Christmas scraps and unused pre-stamped images from years ago and I decided to challenge myself to use some of these up. I ended up making six cards without adding red.


A few facts: the card in the upper left was punched with a tree punch that I bought a long time ago but never used; the middle upper card has scraps of G45 papers; the middle lower card has a strip from a paint chip card and the lower right card is also made with scraps of old patterned papers.

This was a fun challenge. Maybe I'll do another one trying to not use green!

No comments: