"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, July 15, 2021

July Vintage Junk Journal Page Swap

 July's junk journal page theme is "Americana."

I used an old greeting card which was 5" x 7" (preferred size for these pages) and collaged the front with torn book text and music paper. Then I added a few small pieces of red and blue patterned papers. I cut down a junk mail window envelope to make a pocket and used the flap to attach it to the back side, right edge of the page. This was collaged with more bits of papers (I used mostly scraps from an old Authentique patriotic paper collection).


The tag/journaling card inside the pocket is a digital printable photo. I added a small piece of ticking for the pull tab and a small strip of knotted fabric across the front of the pocket for added texture.




Here is the front of the page under the flip-out pocket.




The backs of the page and the little journaling cards are covered with tea-dyed paper. The slanted pocket was made from the remainder of the original window envelope.




The tag is actually a sturdy clothing tag (I love to reuse those) which I covered with paper and a vintage image.






No comments: