"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, May 28, 2022

May Junk Journal Page

Because I was out of town part of May I only signed up for one swap this month - the Vintage Junk Journal Page.


This is the front of my page. I used Tim Holtz packaging as the base and left the flap at the top intact.
There is a flip on the right side for which I used more packaging as the base.  Attached to the flap with a tiny paper clip is a paper and fabric cluster with a small flower.



When the flip is opened, there is a pocket at the bottom made from part of a paint "chip". Inside are two tags - one is a book page collaged with scraps and cut into a tag shape; the smaller one is a clothing tag which is also collaged.

On the actual page, I collaged book pages on part of the base, used a strip of the paint chip on the left side and added a floral image as the focal point.




The back page is very simple. I covered the base with tea-dyed paper and a few strips of
drywall tape. The I created a tuck spot diagonally across the top left corner with a piece
of "snippet roll" I'd made previously. I tucked in a small fold-out booklet.






This is the little booklet, made from one piece of paper. It's a tri-fold with pockets. I decorated it with a bit of lace and a vintage image.





Here is the right flap open.




And this shows the entire inside with two pockets in the middle and on the sides, two side pockets.
I added more vintage images and two journaling cards with vintage and floral images.






 

2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Susan, I love this JJ page ... all of your work is awesome but this one really blows me away ...

Susan said...

Thanks Linda!