"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Using 6" x 6" Paper Pads

I'm slowly trying to work through my stash, especially that now is not the time to be out shopping! I have many 6x6 paper pads and rarely use them. I think I bought them because I liked the paper collection and didn't want to spend so much money on the 12x12 pads! Anyway, I just seem to hoard them so decided to actually start using them.

I am participating in a card swap this month where we are to use either scraps or our stash. I decided to use these papers. I found an old card technique which I think was called "herringbone." I cut four 3/4" strips of six coordinating patterns and was able to make three cards with a few strips left over.


This was so easy but barely made a dent in even one paper pad! Guess I'll have to mass produce more cards!

Another way I've been using them is on 12" x 12" scrapbook layouts. Four 6x6's equal one 12x12 if you want to cover the entire page; two 6x6's across the center of a page make a nice base for other papers and photos. I've just begun to try all the ways to work with them.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

love this ... I keep forgetting that this technique makes such a beautiful card ...