"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, February 13, 2021

February Junk Journal Page Swap - no theme

This is the junk journal page I made for this month's journal page swap. There was no specific theme so I used the bird images I had as a starting point and used yellows, greens, and purples. This page is very interactive, having three different-sized envelope pockets stacked on the base page.




Front of page with all pockets




The first and smallest pocket is a coin envelope attached at the top of the envelope below it.  
I covered all the backs of the envelope/pockets with tea-stained paper for blank space for journaling. 

The next envelope opens on the left with a journaling card inserted. I collaged 
various papers and added a flower and bird torn from a book along with a label.



This shows the reverse side of the pocket above and the largest envelope/pocket.
This one opens to the left for a card as well. I collaged different papers on this and 
added a few postage stamps and a bird image I had kept from a
brochure of the state park we visited at Christmas.



Here is the base page (on left) with another collage, more postage
stamps and another bird from the brochure.



These are the three journaling cards for the three different pockets. 


This is a color combination I don't usually use and was surprised I enjoyed working 
with these colors. I do like the soft look of the finished page and hope my partner 
enjoys it.

No comments: