"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Working my way through my paper stash

I've got LOTS of 6"x6" and 12"x12" paper and my goal has been for the past year and is into this year to use it up! I've used many pieces of the 12x12 for scrapbooking but it's harder to use 6x6 for that.

I discovered a fun tutorial on You Tube by Twigs and Tomes here. She made a darling little folder with pockets using two 6" x 6" pages (you could use more if decorating or if you have one-sided paper and want to line it). The best part is that there is no waste other than a few tiny triangles cut off rectangles to make the two tags. Check it out for a complete tutorial and specific cutting information (this is important to make the best use of the pages). Also note that if you could also use 12" x 12" paper for this and cut it in fourths.

I've made several, They are addicting and would make a cute addition to a pocket in a journal or even as happy mail. This was my prototype.



Front - folded 6x6 with rounded corners;
pockets and tag made from second piece



Inside: left page has a pocket topped with belly band; right page
has large pocket with tag and smaller angled pocket on top



Back with two angled pockets


Here's another one I made, again with single-sided paper. This time I added a third page from the paper pad which had small cards with quotes and I made more tags from more paper.




Front with 3 tags




Inside with several more tags, a card and a folded piece for journaling



Back with 3 tags and a journaling card


And still another, this time even more decorated. This was single-sided paper also so I lined the main piece. Another page has lots of little clocks and tiny lined memo spots which I used to decorate.

    Front


Inside



Back



You can see there are also many possibilities for closures. For one I used a large brad with some decorative string and for the other I merely added a tiny black bulldog clip. You could just wrap with ribbon or add eyelets on the front and back for threading ribbon or twine through.

I hope you enjoyed seeing these. I think they are so cute and easy!



No comments: