"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, February 26, 2021

Idea Book - for pockets, tucks and envelopes

 It's been a week since I posted - where does the time go? The good news is that I got my second Covid19 vaccination yesterday and my husband got his the day before so things are looking up!

I have been trolling YouTube videos and making lots of different pockets and flips etc for journals and decided that I needed to do something other than have all these notes floating around. I've seen other people make various kinds of idea books but I didn't want to invest in making something from scratch. Luckily I love notebooks of all kinds and have a stash of different ones. I found this one which has a coil binding that I thought would hold up to having a lot of stuff in it.

It's pretty as is, so I won't even decorate it. I removed several sheets from inside to provide more room for the samples I will be inserting and may have to remove more as I fill it up. So far it is working nicely. I clip or glue a prototype on a page and add any necessary instructions. Sometimes I just use old book pages for the samples and other times I use old scrapbook papers. It's great to have a visual resource.




Sample pages

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

looks great and I did this years ago when I was starting off with cards, Altered books, and canvases but quit now I realize I need to do it again because I can't remember things so well

thanks for the idea ...