"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Collage Challenge - Weeks 11 and 12

Week 11



Prompts:
1) a flower (digital floral image)
2) a foreign language (French script paper in upper right)
3) stitching, real, drawn or stamped (I machine-stitched the left side of the floral
image to a mat; also drew stitch lines around hexagons)
4) a measurement (ruler and a piece of sewing pattern showing
body measurements  - tan paper in center)
5) something torn (script paper, sewing pattern paper, floral image,
dark green strip)
Bonus: geometric shapes (punched hexagons from 
various patterned papers

I like the color combo on this page and am pleased with how it came out.



Week 12



Prompts:
1) a comic (vintage comic strip in upper left corner)
2) architecture (the old building lower right corner)
3) something cold (image of two boys sledding in snow - 
also added some snowflakes)
4) a favorite word (stamped cherish and also definition)
5) a bird (two in upper right corner_
Bonus: stamping in non-black ink (stamped postal marks 
in green on background page, upper right corner)

I added some labels, patterned paper and number washi tape to complete the collage. I was surprised this turned out so "vintagey" but it started with the comic I found.

I am really enjoying these collages this year and the "planner/collage book" from Margarete Miller. The size (approximately 5.5" w x 9" h) is perfect for a quick project without having to cover too much real estate.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

lovely as always ... I think I like the one with the blue a bit more ... but both are great