"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, March 1, 2021

Making Cards



 The online group I'm a member of has a weekly challenge this year. Last week we were to post card sketches and use at least one to make a card. I rarely use sketches just because I usually forget!

I found this one online and thought it was a great idea to make four cards at once. It was a very old post but the gal suggested using 8.5" x 11" white card stock, cutting it into fourths and stamping all over each piece in different colors. You could also use a background stamp. It would be good for using embossed pieces of card stock also.


Since there wasn't a sketch per say, I went ahead and drew a diagram.



I decided to use four papers from an old Fancy Pants 6" x 6" paper pad. These pads are perfect for cards as they all coordinate and are also scaled smaller than larger papers. I cut them all down to 5 1/4" high by 4" wide and then cut them at the same time with my paper trimmer according to the diagram above. Then I just had to place them on the card bases so that they had one each of the patterns. The sentiments took me way longer to do than creating the cards! You can see this design works either horizontally or vertically.




Here are two sketches that other members posted.




I made a card from each sketch using the leftovers from my previous cards. (See top two cards below.)
For the bottom card is I just used up the few pieces remaining however they fit. No waste!




No comments: