"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, April 22, 2021

April Swaps

 I finished three swaps for this month.  The first is a vintage junk journal page.


This is 5" x 7" and is created on a base of an old greeting card. I collaged various pieces of text and neutral papers. The flip-out pocket is half of a window envelope. It is also collaged and hinged to the page with the envelope flap. Inside is a journaling card.

Here is the pocket opened to side.





The back is covered with an old Yahtzee score card, music paper and a printed paper.





For a weekly challenge we had to create a tag and send to one of the members. I used three colors of paint scraped on the tag for the background and then added crackle paste with a palette knife. Once that was dry I used embossing paste through an alphabet stencil and added gold embossing powder. That needed to dry before heating to emboss. I also stamped a very old dragonfly stamp and added some embossing powder to it. I added a button with tiny beads to the stamped image.




And this is the altered trading coin for Aprils theme "spring or Easter." The image is a stamp which is colored with markers and added Wink of Stella for some shimmer. "Spring" is stamped on vellum and the flower pot has Glossy Accents on it.




No comments: