"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, August 29, 2019

Craft project featuring my grand boys

The past week we've been celebrating birthdays! The 17th was my oldest daughter's boyfriend's day and hers was the 20th; my birthday was the 19th; my son-in-law's was the 21st and my husband's was the 23rd! We spent last weekend in Chicago to celebrate with our youngest daughter and got to meet her boyfriend. This coming weekend we will be in Albuquerque to babysit and will also visit my husband's last remaining aunt who turned 93 yesterday.



Before I left, I finished this project which has been awhile in the making. I saw something similar on Pinterest and decided to recreate it. The plaque is actually an old cabinet front which I got at Habitat for Humanity's ReStore for $1. I painted it with several coats of white and used my Silhouette and contact paper to make a stencil for the words. Then I stenciled with black paint.

I originally thought I would use the unfinished $1 picture frames from Michael's for the frames, but they were too big for the board since I needed four. I finally found an unfinished collage frame which I disassembled (that was not as easy as I had hoped) and used four of the frames. I drilled holes in the board and all four frames and threaded with black satin ribbon. 

The longest part of the project was getting photos from my daughters for the frames!
It hangs on my red wall in my kitchen where it really stands out. Love it and my boys!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Dontcha just love it when things fall into place? Great job on this piece - and great grandloves, too.

Birthday happies to all!
xo
SuZeQ