"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Frida Altered Book Spread

I returned from Vermont several days ago and had some much-needed art time on my table, creating this double-page spread.


The background is randomly collaged bits of paper scraps covered with Dylusions spray inks. Since they are highly pigmented and water-soluble, even when dry, I sprayed both pages with a clear coat before proceeding. (Unfortunately all I had on hand was gloss, so after finishing the page, I went over all with matte mod lodge to mattify it.)

I used a printout of a Frida painting, flowers and lizard from a magazine, word strips from a book page, flourish stamps and dots with a white paint marker.

It felt so good to get messy!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

It turned out wonderfully - messy wonderfully!

xo
SuZeQ