"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, August 19, 2019

"Twiggy" art journal page


I played a bit in my art journal once I was home from my retreat. I had done this background awhile ago and, while searching through collage materials for something to add, I found this model's image which reminds me of Twiggy. Anyone remember her?

I used the head and then made a dress from a piece of patterned paper. The arms and hands are from a clothing catalog; the bee and flower from magazines. I outlined everything with a black Stabilo pencil (a favorite tool) and called it done!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

Of course I remember Twiggy. You've done this page justice … I love it!

Happy crafting!
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Oh yes I remember her ... she started the toothpick look that is still hanging around today before that women looked like women .... love what you did the background is wonderful and the added attention to her eye is super ...