"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, August 9, 2019

The "eyes" have it - altered book page

Here's another altered book page. I'm having fun getting back into art-making after a very busy summer of travel.  This page was inspired by a similar page I saw online -- I had the perfect eye image to use.



I glued down the image and then spread texture paste around it and over the entire page with a palette knife.  After that dried, I added several blue and neutral-toned paper scraps and then stamped a few different pattern stamps with waterproof black ink to add texture. I stamped the zigzag "stitches" on the borders of a very old book page and added those to the piece.  Lastly, I sprinkled blue spray ink randomly and spritzed with water to get it to run and drip. I also splattered it in a few places.

I love how this turned out! Wish I could remember who did the similar piece in order to give credit...

As you read this, I will be on my way to Waco, TX, to spend a long weekend with three others at our friend's house making artsy-craftsy messes and having some quality girlfriend time! Hope to work on some unfinished projects while I'm gone and have more to share next week.

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Great work. You have a "good eye" for creating art.

Jealous of your artsy time with friends.

xo
SuZeQ