"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, January 11, 2020

December Daily - Days 26 - 31 and cover

 Days 26,  27 and 28

The book is getting really chunky and it's hard to see page 26. I used two coordinating scrapbook papers vertically with washi tape between. We drove from Sedona to Albuquerque that day and encountered snow in Flagstaff as we drove through. I added a photo of that as well as pictures of the little guys once they got home and opened the presents awaiting them there.


Day 27 is the other half of the red and white striped bag. This was our first day home and not much happened except for sleeping in and doing laundry!

For Day 28 I used a gorgeous cardinal napkin on the whole page. It was so beautiful I didn't want to cover it!  This was the day my computer died so I journaled a bit about that at the bottom.




Days 29 and 30

Day 29 had a beautiful embossed (and very old) paper on it. I only added a red doily and a die cut paper for journaling.



Day 30 is the other half of the small page earlier in the book. I added the decorative piece which was a scrap and just big enough to make a pocket. Inside the pocket is a tag with journaling about a not-very-exciting day!


Day 31 - New Year's Eve - and inside back cover


We had a quiet NYE at home so this last page is very limited in decoration.  The back cover has the same paper as the inside front cover with a sentiment which I cut out of a Christmas card.




Whew finished!

Here is the front cover. I waited until the inside pages were done before decorating this. I loved the red and black from the original book cover so retained that. I added a piece of torn Christmas music layered with pieces of gold mesh ribbon, a tag, a few ribbon streamers and a metal poinsettia clip from the Dollar Tree. (I did buy that new especially for this cover. Most everything else was scraps and miscellaneous from my stash - and I still have so much left!)



Here's a side view to show how chunky this got! I punched holes in the front and back covers, inserted eyelets and tied on pieces of lace trim to tie it closed.





I am very happy to have yet another December Daily finished. This was my fourth year to do this and I love both the process as well as being able to look back through the years at the memories. I also use it as an excuse to use my stash and try every year to not buy much!  Slowly, slowly, I am beginning to whittle it down!






1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

You have such a great sense of stick-to-it in your work. I'm proud of you. Be proud of yourself.

It was great walking through December right along next to you. Looking forward to December 2020!!!

Happy New Year
xo
-S