"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, April 23, 2020

Collage Challenge - #12, 13 & 14

I'm still playing catch-up with the 5-prompt collage challenge by Margarete Miller. She has been posting one challenge per week since the beginning of the year but I joined in somewhat late.

Here are three more challenges I finished a few weeks ago.

Challenge 12


Prompts

1) money (the fake - Russian? - bill in lower right)
2) something that starts with F (fall foliage; flag)
3) something drawn or written in pencil (I wrote the prompts in pencil
on the red patterned paper, upper right corner)
4) coarse paper (red and green handmade papers)
5) a label (red label)
Bonus: flag (Mexican flag since the colors went with my collage)


Challenge 13


Prompts


1) something orange (paper on right, butterfly and flower)
2) something with claws (panda bear)
3) bell/bells (bells on stamps)
4) stripes or striped paper (two black and white security
envelope linings)
5) calligraphy (my horrid attempt at calligraphy for the sentiment - 
certainly need to work on that more!)
Bonus: numbers (a rubber stamp image from a catalog)


Challenge 14



Prompts

1) something wet (picture of seashore)
2) lavender - color of plant (in several papers and also flower)
3) game piece or piece of puzzle (puzzle piece that I sanded because it was too 
bright for the page)
4) paper in soft colors (many of the papers)
5) business card or portion (Rae Missigman's card in upper left corner)
Bonus: sticker (vellum flower sticker)


As you can see, by the time I got to the 13th and 14th challenges, I stopped adding the prompts to the pages. It was getting harder to find creative ways to add them to the pages and be cohesive with the collages. I will probably add a list to the back of the book when I'm finished.

No comments: