"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, April 5, 2020

More Art Journal pages

Having fun playing in my tiny little art journal following Julie Fei-Fan Balzer's techniques.

Day 6 (on left)


This day was repeat stamping to make a pattern.  Julie used a nice tiling stamp that she had hand-carved. I didn't have any stamps like that so I used a zigzag I had hand-carved awhile ago.  It's not as graphic a result as hers but it worked ok.

Day 7 (above right)

This technique was "rainbow roll stamping" using a brayer with multiple colors and a large foam stamp. I had forgotten how much fun this technique is.


Day 8 (double spread below)



For this page we did layered stenciling. First a thin layer of three colors of acrylic paint was applied over the entire page and dried. Then a contrasting color was stenciled over the page. Lastly, a thick coat of acrylic paint was placed all over and then quickly wiped away through a stencil with a baby wipe.  The possibilities for this are endless, depending on the colors and stencils used.

No comments: