"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, April 30, 2020

Mixed media cards


Yesterday I decided I wanted to get inky so I made a master board on watercolor paper. What's a master board? You make one large piece of art and then cut it up into smaller pieces and further embellish. Years ago when I first started card making it was called "one sheet wonder!"

I used two colors of green Distress Inks and one blue one, swiping them on my craft sheet and spritzing with water. Then I "smooshed" the paper into the watery color several times, repeating as needed to fully cover the paper and drying between each step.

Once I had achieved some pretty color, I stamped some script and numbers with black Archival ink. I also added some heavy white gesso through a number stencil and splattered watered down gesso over the cards.  The final touches were adding white floral die cuts (Tim Holtz) and some word strips (also TH). Then I edged the card fronts with black ink and mounted them on white cards.

I love how they turned out and had fun getting messy again!

1 comment:

Liane said...

so very pretty Susan, wished i had some motivation !!!!!!