"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Storage folders

I made these little storage folders for bits and pieces using a tutorial from Wendy bMason on YouTube. She explains it better than I can and it's good to see a video showing the construction. Check it out here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eu00zMasT7k&t=1174s

In a nutshell, you use one piece of card stock or patterned paper for the cover/outside. Inside she used pieces of card stock folded in half with washi tape closing the sides. Instead, I used envelopes that I had and trimmed off the tops. I also used washi tape on the sides, not to close them but merely as decoration.  These are glued together just down the centers and then the ends glued to the folded cover.

The red one below is 8.25" long, just a bit longer than the envelopes I had. I used six and added a closure with bakers twine, a card stock circle and a brad.


This is the inside and you can see the construction somewhat.




For the second one, I used some old yellow envelopes that were approximately 6.5" x 4".  The folder is about 7" long.





And inside:





These were fun to make and used up a bit of my stash. They will be great for storing die cuts or other small items.





2 comments:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Love this ... hope to make some soon ... great job Susan!

Julie said...

I *LOVE* these and just ADORE the patterned paper you had!!!