"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, October 8, 2020

"6 Days of Halloween Spooktacular" Swap

 I joined a 6-day Halloween swap with five others. Each of us made a Halloween project (X5) and were assigned a day number. This week is the "reveal." We open one gift per day according to the numbers.

I had Day One and this is what I made for everyone.


They are "skeletons on a stick." The bases are old wooden thread spools wrapped with Halloween papers and tied with black eyelash fiber. I dry-brushed the skeletons with black paint and used orange Stickles in the eyes. The hats are also Halloween papers with pompoms on top and orange tinsel around the brim. The neck ruffles are mimi Halloween cupcake liners; skirts are ruffled black net with silver stars and moons and the banners are circle-punched orange glitter card stock with sticker letters. 

Once I had them finished I had to think of how to mail them. I didn't want to add the expense and weight of cardboard boxes to fit, so I recycled tonic water bottles! I cut two in half, inserted the skeleton and then taped them back together. After wrapped the join with Halloween patterned paper, I added the address label. The P.O. had a good laugh when I took them in to mail. I think they brought a smile to the recipients too.


No comments: