"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, October 23, 2020

Inspiration "Board"

 I'm participating in an online "Artist Soul Retreat" by Laly Mille which has three workshops. The first one was posted yesterday and we were guided on how to make an inspiration page using bits and pieces of images and things that inspire us. This is much like a "mood board." She instructed us to adhere the items with a bit of glue stick and/or masking tape so they could be removed at a later time if we wanted to use them in a project.

I started gathering papers, images, fabrics, washi tape, wallpaper scraps and a dyed doily and collaged them in my sketchbook, doing a double--page spread. Without thinking too much about it, it turned into mostly florals and soft pinks. I like how it turned out. This is a fun activity when you're not feeling very inspired or motivated.




No comments: