"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

November Vintage Junk Journal Page Swap

The theme for this month's vintage junk journal page is "windows." I had seen a lovely watercolor image of an old window but knew I couldn't do it justice in watercolor so I adapted it to this.

The background is crackle paste through a brick stencil on a base of book page. When dry I spritzed it with a few brown ink sprays and swiped on some Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  I cut the window from a slightly shimmery silver-gray cardstock topped with a piece of acetate with silver Sharpie lines for the window panes. I sandwiched two small pieces of lace between for the curtains.  The window frame is brown cardstock. I cut a window box from red metal which I embossed and then added scrunched up green fiber for leaves and tiny paper flowers.


On the back I stenciled ink through the same brick stencil and added a collaged pocket made from a window envelope. I adhered a window/floral image, cut from an old postcard,  behind the window.



I made a tag from another old postcard to  place inside the pocket and added a lace topper with a little wooden house and window.



I hope the recipient likes it!








 

No comments: