"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, December 9, 2021

December Daily - Days 1 - 6

 I'm working diligently in my December Daily.

On the left is the inside cover which I covered with
 scrapbook paper and added an old tag I had.
The right page is just a kind of intro. The title is cut
from a James Avery catalog and I sewed a strip of
scrapbook paper to the right edge.

On the back of the previous page (left) I added a gift card
holder that I bought this year especially for my journal. I also
added a few strips of washi tape.
On the right is my first day. I added a pocket at the bottom
as my background paper wasn't long enough. I had spent the
day decorating the house so added the "Deck the Halls"
journaling card to the background. In the pocket is a tag I made
from an old Adorn-it paper and watercolored.

Day 2 I wrapped a few gifts and luckily the paper had gift boxes
on it! I added a doily a tag with the number 2 and made the 
journaling spot from lined paper made into a gift box.
On the right I wrote about a "mystery gift"
memory from my childhood.


For day 3 (left) I used an old Heidi Swapp journaling card.
I embellished the page with a few stickers and a leftover red
fabric poinsettia. I used a small label to document that two of
my grandsons got their second vaccination that day.
Day 4 (right) was my son-in-law's birthday. I added a
Happy Birthday banner and presents. My oldest grandson
also had his first golf tournament that day so I added his
photo and a stamped label noting it.

Day 5 (left) I baked some Christmas cookies. I added a photo in a
die cut "Polaroid" frame and the recipe written on the back of a
tag. The tag is tucked behind a small retro image of a little
girl baking cookies.
On the right is day 6. It was a quiet day and I mostly did errands
which I listed on the journal card added to the page.

This is just an extra spread I decorated since I have several more
pages in the journal than I will need.
The left page is covered with a kraft-colored tissue paper. The
"title" is cut out from a James Avery catalog
 and the Santa sticker is vintage.
On the right page I typed up a 1980's memory of our
Christmas tree falling down in the middle of the night.

No comments: