"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, December 17, 2021

December Daily - Days 7 - 16

 I'm back with more of my December Daily pages.

Day 7

For Day 7 I made a pocket at the bottom, trimmed with some Christmas
twill ribbon to hold the photo card we sent this year. The right spread just
has a vintage German scrap Santa which I love and wanted to save.

Day 8

Day 8 is a double spread showcasing some of the art swaps I was
in for December. On the left at the top is the altered trading coin I 
made for a "winter/snowmen"-themed coin swap. At the bottom is
one that I received. When I receive the second one I will add it to 
the page. On the right is the junk journal page I made for another
swap. It's mainly made of scraps sewn together. The main element
is added to the front of the page as a side pocket; the tag inside
is a paint chip.

Day 9

The left page of the Day 9 spread is a Christmas notecard I had added in
the signature of the book. I added an old Heidi Swap journal card for the
date. On the right page I added a vellum pocket which I had received in
a recent swap from a friend. Inside the pocket I added a tag.

Days 10 & 11

For Day 10 I added an old Christmas card I received a few years ago. It
folds up to reveal some journaling about the day. The sparkly trees across
the top is a washi tape. On Day 11 my grand boys from Albuquerque
arrived and luckily the page was a lined paper so I could journal a lot
about what we did that day. I decorated with a piece of torn holly paper
and added the Grinch which was the top of a little candy holder I had
made for the boys.

Day 12

Since the boys were still here and we did several activities, I again used
a double page spread. On the left I added part of an old card that had
hot chocolate on it and journaled about the special cups with chocolate spoons, 
mini-marshmallows and candy canes I had gifted them. On the right
I made a slanted pocket with a tag to journal about the gingerbread houses
they made (I cut out part of the box they came in for the tag).

Days 13 & 14

Day 13 was just an errand kind of day so added my "to Do" list and 
embellished with some washi tape, some little decorative tickets and
a paper and fabric "cluster" in the upper left corner. Day 14 has photos of 
the Christmas-themed junk journal page I received in a swap. It's so 
pretty! I also added two beautiful Victorian angel stickers I received
on the envelope with another swap.

Days 15 & 16

Day 15 is a pocket page I made from a very old piece of Basic Grey
paper and some cut-outs and border strips. I journaled on the tag
that I inserted.  Day 16 was a very quiet day but I had found some very old
Tim Holtz Christmas tags (remember that series that ran several years?). 
This one is from 2011 and is made with an alcohol ink resist. What better
way to showcase these tags than to insert them into my Dec. Daily?

I can't believe it's only 9 more days until Christmas! I'm glad I'm caught up on this journal 
for now.



No comments: