"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, March 12, 2020

Another junk journal page for a swap

I am participating in a junk journal page swap every other month. There are no themes - just have to create one approximately 5" w x 7"h page.

This is my page which has already been sent off to my partner. I actually used some of the "scrap roll" I posted about several days ago.  This was a piece about 11' wide and 7' high which I folded in half and stitched around to make a pocket.  I added the woman's image which came from an old piece of scrapbook paper and a piece of old book spine at the bottom for texture. I used a little stamp on another scrap of patterned paper.



Inside are two tags. The one on the right is made from another portion of the scrap roll. I added a strip of upholstery fabric, some mulberry paper and coffee-dyed cheesecloth under the vintage image. The "tag" on the left is made from a guest check. I added strips of book text and brown paper bag under a Tim Holtz "paper doll." I sewed three old postage stamps over the book page and also stitched around the perimeter of the tag. I stamped the numbers above the image. Both tags have plain paper mounted on the back for journaling.



I am having such fun making these pages. I hope my partner likes vintage as much as I do!

2 comments:

Sue Kosec said...

I love this, Susan!

Happy crafting.
xo
SuZeQ

Linda Manning Findley said...

Very nice Susan ... it's a lucky person that is getting this .. maybe some time I will get one ... 😊😉