"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, May 11, 2020

"One Sheet Wonder" Cards

Years ago these "one sheet wonders" were the rage in card making. Basically you cut up one sheet of patterned or stamped paper and then reassemble the pieces into as many different cards that you can, adding card bases, card stock layers and sentiments as desired.

I decided to revisit this technique to make multiple cards for nursing homes. (My online group collects cards every other month to send to different nursing homes.)

I found this particular cutting diagram on Pinterest using a 12" x 12" piece of patterned paper.


Once I cut the paper, I assembled 14 cards (the red numbers on the diagram above indicate which card uses each piece).  The small orange rectangle shows the only piece not used, so there's very little waste!  I used stamps saying "thinking of you," "hello" and "I thought of you today"; one piece of turquoise 8 1/2" x 11" card stock, one piece of ivory card stock and a few colored scraps. The card bases were from a package I'd bought years ago and never used.

Here are the cards that I created - very simple but hopefully they will bring some cheer to the residents.  This is a great way to make many cards in very little time and there are various diagrams online for how to cut your papers. I even found some for 6" x 6" papers and that will be great for using up some of the 6x6 paper pads in my stash!




1 comment:

laurie richardson said...

Nice job Susan