"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, May 15, 2020

May Junk Journal Page Swap

I created this page for the May junk journal swap in my online group. We make one page approximately 5" x 6-7" to swap with a partner. One of the requirements is to have space for journaling.

The base of the page is a folded map and the front was collaged with book text. The front page has a belly band which I made from a strip of file folder collaged with tiny bits and pieces of papers and lace. I added the paper flower with a brad for more interest.


Under the belly band are two journal cards. The bases are book pages glued together and then collaged with other papers including some vintage wallpaper. The larger one has a plain back for journaling and the smaller one is a trifold with space inside for journaling.



For the back page I made a flip with a strip of pretty patterned paper attached to the top of a small paper bag. This was then attached to the page. I added the definition label, butterflies and bird.




The top of the flip has a "notepad" made from several pieces of copy paper dyed with avocados. (Yes, the dye is pink!) The music paper is also avocado-dyed. The paper bag is stamped and collaged and the tag is collaged with several papers.


I love all the interactive features of this page. It was so much fun to create.

1 comment:

Linda Manning Findley said...

Wonderful and love all the elements ... I haven't died with avocado yet yours looks awesome ... a lucky lady that gets this in the swap ...