"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, April 29, 2022

April Swaps

I am scheduling this for when I'm gone. We will be in England for two weeks visiting our son who lives in London and also touring the countryside.

This is the front of my junk journal page for the April swap with a sewing theme.

 

On the right is a window envelope made into a flip. I collaged the front with scraps around the window. I added a cluster of a few pieces of fabric, lace and a tiny piece of vintage tape measure to the upper left with a bulb pin.




This shows the flip-out page on the right with a pocket and two journaling cards (sewing pattern fronts reduced in size) which I inserted back to back so an image shows through the window on the front.  The left shows the full front page on which I collaged pieces of a sewing pattern, a bit of tape measure and a piece of fabric. The thread card is a digital image cut out and wrapped with embroidery floss and a small black safety pin attached. The woman image is a stamp which I stamped twice - once on card stock and watercolored and once on patterned paper for the dress.


Back of page


I collaged some sewing pattern tissue on the tea-dyed background and then added a torn strip of scrapbook paper on the left for a narrow pocket. I made a tag from a button journaling card to insert in the pocket.



Small mailable pocket



This was a swap for a small, flat mailer pocket using a You Tube video as inspiration. You can see the video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zbQ4IWTIYc  It's easy to make with many possible variations. It only takes a 6" x 6"  paper and mails flat.


Spring House

This is for a quarterly house swap. Using a given size and shape of house, we create one for each season. These are mailed to different partners so everyone will get a nice variety but they will be equal in size. Of course, for April it was a spring house.



I used pattern paper for my house, roof and door. The tulips were cut from a calendar and I used Wink of Stella on them for a subtle sheen. The butterfly is a fussy-cut image on which I also added Wink of Stella. The doorknob is a decorative brad.

No comments: