"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, April 6, 2022

Folded pocket/notepapers made from one large book page

 I made this large folded pocket from a large page from a gardening book. It's folded not quite in half vertically and the remaining piece folded over to create a flap. I covered the inside with a piece of avocado-dyed paper and added a  tab and eyelet for the closure of baker's twine.



For the left side of the "folio" I made a tuck spot from lightweight cardboard packaging, decoupaged with a napkin I had covered with beeswax. It has a soft, velvety feel. The tag is made from an old postcard. I collaged scrap bits of papers to the blank side with a few leftover pieces from the same napkin. The words are from the same book. The "notepad" is just different lengths of papers stapled together at the top, covered with a strip of patterned paper and this header glued to the right side.




This could tuck into an altered book or journal or could be used alone as a small journal.


This will be the last post this week as I am going to an art retreat starting today through the weekend. I hope to have lots of projects to share upon my return.

No comments: