"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, June 15, 2022

June Junk Journal Page Swap

I am out of town again - this time visiting my mother in Vermont who turns 94 today!  I'm thankful to have escaped the HOT temps in Texas. 

Since I finished this journal page for the swap and sent it off before leaving, I decided to post it while I'm gone.

 

Front page and tags



Journaling flip-up


The base journal page was made by collaging scraps to an old greeting card which happened to be the right size (5" x 7"). Then I made a triple pocket by folding a sheet of music paper. The three tags fit inside the pockets. The music pocket is glued to the front of the page on three sides so there is an additional pocket underneath. Inside this I added a top-folded 4" x 12" scrapbook paper for a journaling spot. The closure is a label which is only glued down halfway so the top flap can tuck under.



Back page with double pocket


The back of the page is covered with tea-dyed copy paper. Made a double pocket from a recycled envelope that had two windows. I covered the inside with scrap paper, glued the top and bottom and then sewed down the center. It is glued to the page and the two small tags fit inside the pockets. I added a bit of book page and a fussy-cut butterfly to decorate the top.

1 comment:

Liane said...

I was the lucky recipient of this Junk Journal Page, it is beautiful, thank you Susan !!!! Happy Birthday to your MOM !!!!!
Liane xoxo