"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, June 5, 2022

Mushroom Challenge

 I participate in a weekly challenge online - it can be just about anything. Recently it was to do something with mushrooms.

I used a page from a botanical book that happened to have mushrooms on it and folded it in thirds to make an envelope. Before glueing it together on the sides I machine-sewed a narrow vellum pocket to the front.

I corner-rounded the top flap and added some book text and a few labels to decorate.

I added two small mushroom cards to the front pocket.




Inside the larger pocket I added an old library index card decorated 
again with a strip of book text, a label and a fussy-cut mushroom.

I sent this to a friend as a RAK to be used in a journal or altered book.


No comments: