"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Washi Tape/File Folder Notebook

I'm back from Vermont. It was cool and very green - absolutely lovely. And now that I'm back in Texas with triple digit temps, I will be spending a lot of time inside my art room working on projects!

This is a small notebook I made before I left. I used an old manila file folder cut 8 1/2" wide by 6" high. When folded it is approximately 4 1/4" x 6." One side was covered with strips of washi tape. I had recently been in a swap of handmade washi tapes and my partner sent me the one on the bottom and the two above and below the ribbon. (This is a great way to use up lots of washi tapes!)

I cut miscellaneous papers/printer paper slightly smaller than the file folder and folded them in half into one signature which I stitched into the cover with a three-hole pamphlet stitch. I added an eyelet on the front and tied on a piece of ribbon for the closure. Super simple and quick!

 



We are going to Italy in October and I am using this to keep all my research on transportation schedules, lodging, sightseeing places and hours, etc. in one handy place.

No comments: