"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

12 Days of Ornaments - Days 9-12

I've neglected posting the cute remaining ornaments from the LBH 12 Days of Ornaments, so here's a catch-up of the last four days.

Day 9

Pretty Paper Ornaments
Designed by me!

Day 10

Chalkboard Block Ornaments
Designed by Dee Dee Roe

Day 11

Snowman Shutter Ornament
Designed by Tracy Pounds

Day 12

Santa and Angel Altered Paintbrush Ornaments
Designed by Lynette Chiles

Have you enjoyed this year's ornaments? They certainly fill our little tree at the Little Blue House and look so festive!

A full tutorial for each ornament is posted on The Little Blue House blog so be sure to check them out. Component kits for several of the ornaments are also available at the store.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone - enjoy your families and great food tomorrow and give thanks for all your blessings!

Saturday, November 21, 2015

12 Days of Ornaments - Day 8 - Glitz and Sparkle!

Another member of the LBH Media Team, Valerie Bishop, designed and created these darling sparkly tree ornaments today.  The photo doesn't do them justice as they are very glittery and gold!  

Check out the LBH blog for a full tutorial on how to make these cute burlap trees. What I like most is that you can use up some of those one-of-a-kind little trinkets and bits of special ribbons you've been hoarding!

Only a few ornaments to go... Hope you're enjoying these pretties!

DLP Project - Week 45

November's theme - Stencils, Stamps and Masks

Week 45 - November 7

Art Challenge: Stencils, Made or Bought
Journal Prompt: On the edge of uncertainty ... what are you afraid of?

The art challenge was right up my alley this week as I love using stencils and building up layers with them. But the journal prompt??? These always make me stop and think... Many this year have been very challenging!

I started out with turquoise acrylic paint and the "reduction" technique with a stencil. You lay a stencil over the paint while still damp and use a baby wipe or wet paper towel to rub off the paint through the stencil. This gives a lot of texture and interest to that first layer.

Then I used a slightly darker ink pad and rubbed through the same stencil giving more texture.

Then came a diluted wash of a violet paint. At this point I hated it! But journal pages usually go through many transformations as layers are added so I kept going, though I must admit I was toying with the idea of tearing out the page and starting over!

I decided it needed to be lightened so added white paint through a small squares stencil, then darkened by a small circle stencil and very dark midnight blue paint.

I added the scalloped border (also a stencil) with white paint as well as the feather stencil with white.

For the prompt I decided that when things are uncertain or you are afraid of something, it's best to just  "Be brave...Dare to fly". These letters were cut out of a catalog and glued on. Because of the word "fly," the bird just had to go on the spread - it's also a stencil. 

Some outlining with black Stabilo pencil and a water brush and a white pen and I called it done!

Friday, November 20, 2015

Day #7 Ornament

We're back today with two more beautiful ornaments.

These were created by Nadine Carlier, one of the LBH Media Team members. She used an image transfer technique and has a video tutorial over on the LBH blog.

Visit the blog, watch her tutorial and leave her some comments. If you are local, you should stop by the store to see how pretty our tree is decorated with all these fun ornaments!

Thursday, November 19, 2015

Day 6 - LBH "!2 Days of Ornaments"

These are the darling little clothespin clip-on ornaments Kristyn McElroy created for Day #6. Aren't they adorable and so many variations! Not only would they be cute on your tree, but they could be used alone on a shelf or even attached to a frame.

The full tutorial is over on the LBH blog and, while you're there, be sure to leave a comment - you might be the lucky winner!

We're already halfway through the 12 days - what other cute ornaments will be featured?

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

12 Days of Ornaments - Day 4 and Day 5

I'm a bit behind in posting these, but here are the fabulous LBH ornaments from today and yesterday.

 Day 4
Burlap Snowflake Ornament

This pretty rustic ornament was created by Susan Liles

Day 5
Colorburst Medallions

And these beautiful ornaments were created by Tracy Pounds using Color Bursts Powdered Pigments. They remind me of stained glass windows!

Check out the tutorials for both ornaments on the LBH blog and leave comments for a chance to win one of them!

Monday, November 16, 2015

Day 3 - 12 Days of Ornaments

Check out Rhonda's darling wooden tree ornaments on the LBH blog today. Love them!

And leave a comment to be entered to win one of these cuties!

Hope you're enjoying our ornaments.