Last week there were workmen all over my house, tearing up tile and carpet and laying wood flooring. So I holed up in my art room and got the covers to my altered book finished!
I used a paper bag and Mod Podged two layers together. Then I cut pieces to fit in my Cuttlebug. While they were still damp (but not dripping Mod Podge!) I embossed them with different folders. Then I misted them with spray inks - the ones that turned out best were the shimmery sprays. I ran my permanent black ink pad over the embossed areas to highlight the patterns. Then I used black Stabilo pencil around the edges of each piece.
It needed a focal point and I found this glittery microscope slide that I received in a swap years ago. It worked perfectly!