"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Boot Book Swap

Again, apologies for not being here for almost a week! I've been busy making eleven of these babies. My local art group did a collaborative "boot" book swap. The chipboard books were purchased at the Great American Scrapbook Convention last summer (sorry, the package with the name of the company that makes these is long gone, but if anyone knows the name I will edit this post to add it). Everyone designed their page and then duplicated it for all eleven members. Last week was the reveal and swap.

This was my page. I used a kraft cardstock as the base and misted with walnut ink over a large Tim Holtz mask. Cowgirls (Hampton Art, Cowboy's Ransom Alphabet) was stamped and embossed with Ranger Rust embossing powder for a rustic look, as well as the oval cowgirl stamp (Deadbeat Designs). I did this on black cardstock because they didn't show up on the background otherwise. The star stamp (Deadbeat Designs) was embossed in black. The cowgirls stamp (The Queen's Dresser Drawers - can you read it, it says " cowgirls just want to have fun") was stamped on the same kraft cardstock with black and then layered on burlap and torn fabric and sewn to the page. The "Happy Trails" is twill ribbon. Final embellishments were two bronze star brads and a rusty star.


Here's the finished set (oops, just noticed one didn't make it into the photo) all ready to swap.

Tomorrow I will try to photograph and post the other pages I received.

1 comment: