"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, July 1, 2010

More catching up

This is a spring/Easter project I created which I hadn't posted yet. Geez, am I way behind!

It's a little basket covered with Melissa Frances paper, a gathered tulle edging and crepe paper rosettes at the handle. I love the large rickrack on the handle.

Inside I added shredded book pages (clean out your regular paper shredder and shred the pages - easy!). I also covered a large plastic egg with torn old music pages and added a silk ribbon bow, tulle and a tiny paper flower. And there's a small five-page tag book nestled inside.

The front cover of the book has a chipboard bunny covered with embossed pearl art metal (Ten Seconds Studio). All pages are edged with silver Krylon pen.



I can't remember the line of papers I used but it was super cute. Check out those darling little chicks-in-eggs on the first page. The tulip on the second page is embroidered right on the paper.


Torn paper flowers on these pages.

The top page below has another art metal accent - this time it's a flower punched from pink metal and just doodled on with a stylus. The basket is a large stamp which was embossed on the brown cardstock with clear embossing powder and then adhered to the page like a pocket for the little tag insert. Can you see the little green strip (grass) below the basket? It's painted dryer sheet (used)!


The bunny paper on the last page was just too darn cute to cover up, so I added very little to this page.


Wish I had a grandbaby to add cute little Easter photos to this!

No comments: