"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, May 4, 2012

Apologies - MIA

I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted - the past few weeks have been craziness! Tomorrow is National Scrapbook Day and we at The Little Blue House have been celebrating all week long.  We've had events every day and, of course, that means design and prep work for me as well as being present for the events.

Cheryl Mezzetti (with Creative Imaginations) was our guest teacher this week and taught two lovely classes along with demoeing the Luminarte Twinkling H2Os, Radiant Rain mists and new "Silks" acrylic glazes.  I was able to sit in on the evening shadowbox class and played with mostly the Silks. It was certainly fun to be a student for a change! This is the class sample - mine isn't finished yet.


Today we did Make-and-Takes.  These are two samples of the card I taught using a new Hero Arts background stamp with matching Sizzix embossing folder. We also stamped directly on the folder before embossing with one of Tim Holtz's "Reflections" word stamps. These stamps are backwards - if you just stamped directly on paper the text would not be readable. He designed these specifically for stamping directly on embossing folders so the text (which is reversed when embossed) would be readable. The card is embellished with a little wooden tag from Jillibean Soup - these are real wood (look somewhat like balsa wood) and take the Distress Stains and Inks really well.



Tomorrow is another busy day - we are teaching two sessions of "Craftmasters" - lots of techniques for borders, titles and embellishments for scrapbooking.  These will all be bound in a darling little reference book for students to take home.

And to top the week off, I will be leaving for Albuquerque right after class. My daughters and I are hosting a baby shower for pregnant daughter #2 (Dana).  I'm still finishing up some of the last-minute details and will share next week upon my return.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The cards sre so pretty, I saw the ones the croppers did. Oh, So Lovely.