"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Dress Tag Swap and some "grand" photos

It's been a busy week. We went back to Austin for a long weekend to visit this little guy


who is growing up way too fast!  My son flew in from San Francisco to attend a concert so we got to see him too!



And while we were there, Kelly and Josh rescued a boxer pup about to be sent to a shelter. As you can see, Carl and Ginger are already best buds, sharing a drink from the hose.




On the art front, I was recently in a dress tag swap with an online group.  The only requirement was to make a paper dress on a tag.  This is the tag I sent to my swap partner.  I covered a manila tag with pretty pink patterned paper and did some stamping. The dress is simply a crumpled piece of music paper soaked in a mixture of white glue and water and then formed into a dress shape. Once this was dried - and it took quite awhile to dry - I sprayed it with green mist, accented it with a bit of Stickles and glued it to the tag over a tiny metal hanger. The collaged words were actually the title on the music paper.



This is the tag I received. It is really lovely.  I love the little purse with a chain strap and the pearl and glitter accents on the dress. Thank you Joan!


This weekend we are off to Albuquerque to visit the other grandbaby who is now almost 10 months old! How time flies...

No comments: