"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Halloween "Twinchie" Swap

About a month ago five of my friends and I decided to do an "almost twinchie" Vintage Halloween swap. The "almost" came from the size of the wooden boxes I had on hand for displaying them - each opening was about 1 15/16" square.

Unfinished wood box

Since there were six of us and nine squares, we each made one to swap with everyone and then made three others to go in our own box.  A few weeks ago we got together to swap the squares and assembled and decorated our own boxes.


My completed box

For my box I first painted it in Halloween orange and then applied crackle medium and black paint. It's hard to see in the photo, but it cracked nicely and the orange peeks through.  The twinchie I created for everyone is in the upper right corner. I inked and stamped a background and then stamped the little girl witch and words on cardstock. Her hat is covered with Glossy Accents.  My other three twinchies are the middle top (stamped crow and tiny bottle filled with orange glitter and a stamped "poison" label); the far right in middle row - again a stamp colored with watercolor pencils, a Stickled moon and a tiny fabric bat; and the middle of the bottom row which is a stamped and heat-embossed Halloween postmark layered on several papers. 

I love swapping to see what everyone creates with the same theme and size restriction. One gal extracted each of our photos from a group photo, distressed them and made us into little witches with fabulous hats (bottom row, left).  All the twinchies came out great and I love my little Halloween box.




No comments: