"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Friday, October 10, 2014

I'm back

I apologize for the lapse in my blogging. Life just happens! 

First, I was busy creating projects for our Halloween and Fall class release at The Little Blue House (you can see all the offerings here). Then I created a project for my specialty Mixed Media class coming up in early November. I will elaborate on that in a future post. 

We also went to Albuquerque last week to babysit Drew for 5 days while his parents attended the Austin City Limits music festival.

We had so much fun with the little guy! He is talking up a storm now and definitely has hit the "twos", though not terrible - he just has a mind of his own and knows exactly how things should be. We had a busy week.

We took him to the Albuquerque Zoo where I think he enjoyed watching people more than the animals! He loves trains so a ride on the little zoo train was a must.

 The next day I had made plans to meet an old friend from when we used to live in Abq so Bill took him on a hike up near Santa Fe. He was a little trooper - Bill backpacked him up the trail and Drew came down on his own ( a couple of miles!).

On Saturday he had his "soccer class" - a bunch of two-year olds running after the balls and playing drills. Isn't his uniform cute? He did really well except for the activity of righting the soccer cones with his foot. He decided it was far more efficient to pick them up with his hands and put them in place!

On Sunday we woke before dawn to head out to the world-famous Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta for the mass ascension of more than 500 balloons. It was a gorgeous day and probably the best weather we have ever experienced at the Fiesta. Unfortunately the winds aloft were too strong and, after quite a delay, the balloons were only allowed to inflate but not launch. It was probably just as well, as the burner sounds bothered him and he kept trying to get me to "go other way."

Monday his parents returned and we flew home that evening. It's taken me a few days to recuperate! Keeping up with a two-year old takes its toll, especially the early mornings!

1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

What a wonderful treat for you and your husband. I bet you are tired after keeping up with a little one. You'll recuperate - and want to do it all over again!!!