"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Thursday, August 22, 2019

Paper Dolls altered book page


The background of this page is texture paste through a Tim Holtz stencil with spray inks applied once it was dry. I also added Vintage Photo Distress ink to tone it down.

The "paper dolls" are created on a heavy card stock base and accordion-folded. I used scrapbook papers for the dresses, embellished with lace and buttons and cut out various heads. The kraft-colored doily and painted legs are on the background. At the top of the page I added a definition of "play" layered on some gauze from the inside of an old book's spine

This shows the dolls pulled out. I had fun dressing and accessorizing them!




1 comment:

Sue Kosec said...

Aren't paper dolls fun? More funner than when we were little girls, right?

Happy days!
xo
SuZeQ