"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Another weekly challenge

 This week's challenge for my online art group is to use embossing powder.

I think embossed images is the main reason I got interested in stamping so many years ago. After seeing the magic of heat embossing happen in a demo, I was hooked, but I don't use embossing powder very often any more.

I discovered a technique I had never done so used it to create this card. The flowers are gold embossed on black card stock and then colored in with regular Prismacolor pencils. I was surprised that the colors showed up on the black. They are actually even more vivid irl than the photo shows.


This was a quick, easy card to make and makes a nice impact. I will probably be doing this again!

No comments: