"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

August Vintage Junk Journal Page Swap

 There was no specific theme for August's junk journal page swap, so I used some of my favorite vintage images of children.

For the front of the page I collaged a few papers on the background and then created a tri-fold booklet that I attached to the page as a top-loading pocket. I used a little metal tab on the right to secure it closed. I added the image of these darling girls on top of a piece of avocado-dyed doily and embellished with ribbon flowers.




For the tag inside the pocket I adhered an old book page to a paint chip card and used another vintage image for the focal point along with some numbers and a piece of measuring tape.



This is the trick-fold opened up. I collaged the entire background with scraps of book text and music paper. the left page has an old journaling card with button rub-ons as a border. The middle focal point is a stamped image and the right page has another vintage image with more rub-ons.



The back of the right page has an actual vintage photograph along with some fussy-cut images.




The back is simply covered with avocado-dyed paper. Did you know that dyeing with avocados results in a beautiful pink color?

No comments: