"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Misc challenges

 

These are some recent challenges I did for my on line group.

The first was to use alcohol inks in some way. I revisited an old ink lifting technique. An alcohol ink background is created on a non-porous surface and then, when dry, a stamp is inked with Ranger's Alcohol Lift-Ink and stamped on the surface. This is blotted gently with a paper towel and then any excess wiped off. It created a ghost-like image, lifting the ink from the background. Before cleaning the stamp, it can be stamped on another surface and the ink transfers. You can get two images with one technique. I made two cards.




Next is an acetate technique in which an image is captured between two pieces of acetate. This can be a stamped image or you can use a cutout image as I did. For the frame I used two playing cards with matching rectangles cut from the centers. The acetate pieces are sandwiched between and the edges machine-sewed. I inked the cards to grunge them up a bit and added a few tiny little stamped "labels."




This was a swap where we had to make two 24-inch-long faux washi strips with double-sided tape and various papers. I made one with very colorful scraps and one with more neutral, pastel scraps. This was a fun project.



No comments: