"Art is my vehicle through life; may we share the ride together." Ron Wickersham

Monday, May 23, 2022

London/England Travel Journal

 Since returning, I have been compiling my travel journal to document the memories of our trip and using much of the ephemera I saved. (It's interesting that there are not many paper tickets anymore - everything is bought or reserved online!)

I made a travelers' notebook-type journal, about 8" tall by 4" wide because that was the approximate size of many of the brochures I picked up. I had bought a cheap shopping bag as a souvenir that I intended to use as the cover. My son and husband used online map apps with their phones but I had to buy a paper map - I have recycled it for the inside covers.

Once all the pages were assembled, I stitched them into the cover with the 3-hole pamphlet stitch and a fine black thread. I used the same thread to use as a closure.





I will be happy to look back at this in the future and remember the fun times we had.

No comments: